What law firms and lawyers represented the companies on our latest Top Ten List in connection with their FCPA resolutions?
Here’s what we found, using only documents of record posted by the DOJ on its website, such as deferred prosecution agreements, certificates of counsel, and plea agreements.
Other firms and lawyers could have been involved in some aspect of the case or in the general representation of the company, at the SEC or another agency, for example, or in a non-U.S. jurisdiction. But for some reason those other lawyers didn’t appear on the documents the DOJ and companies signed to end the enforcement actions.
With that caveat, here are the law firms and lawyers to the current FCPA top ten:
1. Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras (Brazil) 2018: F. Joseph Warin of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
2. Telia Company AB (Sweden) 2017: David M. Stuart, Rachel G. Skaistis of Cravath, Swaine, & Moore, LLP and Angela T. Burgess of Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
3. MTS (Russia) 2019: Gary DiBianco, Mitchell Ettinger, Kara Roseen of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Lanny Breuer, Benjamin Haley of Covington & Burling LLP
4. Siemens (Germany) 2008: Scott W. Muller, Angela T. Burgess of Davis Polk
5. VimpelCom (Holland) 2016: Mark Rochon, John E. Davis of Miller & Chevalier Chartered
6. Alstom (France) 2014: Robert D. Luskin, John S. (Jay) Darden of Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP
7. Société Générale S.A. (France) 2018: Keith D. Krakaur, Charles F. Walker of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Sean Hecker of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
8. KBR / Halliburton (United States) 2009: Timothy L. Dickinson, William F. Pendergast, Jennifer D. Riddle of Paul Hastings
9. Teva Pharmaceutical (Israel) 2016: Martin J. Weinstein of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP and Mark Filip of Kirkland & Ellis LLP
10. Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd. (Singapore) 2017: Sean Hecker, David A. O’Neil of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
Richard L. Cassin is editor at large of the FCPA Blog.