Location: Alexandria, Egypt
The Project Compliance Officer is responsible for administering the Bechtel Ethics and Compliance Program for company employees working on the West Nile Delta project in Egypt, a major onshore gas terminal project. The position will be based in Egypt.
Essential Job Functions
Working with guidance and direction from the operating organization Ethics and Compliance Officer and the Legal Department, the Project Ethics & Compliance Officer:
- Provides guidance to project employees on ethics and compliance issues.
- Assists in the investigation of suspected violations of the corporation’s ethical standards, applicable laws, regulations and corporate policy.
- Conducts research related to ethics and compliance rules, regulations, policies and practices.
- Conducts compliance and ethics reviews and risk assessments.
- Develops, coordinates, presents, tracks and reports completion status of compliance training.
- Coordinates and tracks reviews and updates of project compliance policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Issues guidance and clarification of ethics and compliance policies to employees and managers.
- Ensures risk areas are identified and monitored using formal and informal assessments.
- Implements policies and procedures to cover risk areas and provide sound internal controls.
- Works to mitigate project ethics and compliance risks and ensures policies and procedures are being followed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in Arabic and English.
- Ability to organize and analyze data and information gathered to support investigative findings.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Broad knowledge of international anti-corruption laws and standards, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the OECD Convention, the UK Bribery Act of 2010, etc.
- Previous work experience in international ethics and compliance programs.
- A degree in Law from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience with a multi-national corporation, preferably within the engineering or construction industries
Please apply to this position via http://bit.ly/1TwXtJz
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.