Job Title: Compliance Director WHQ / North America
Location: Beaverton, Oregon, USA
Relocation Available: Yes
As our Compliance Director WHQ / North America you will be responsible for creating and driving the operations of NIKE’s global Anti-Corruption Compliance Program and related activities under the direction of the Assistant General Counsel of Compliance. Your primary responsibility will be implementing the strategy for the global Anti-Corruption Compliance Program. To do this, you will work in close partnership with legal, finance, controlling, audit, HR, and other relevant functions. You will supervise compliance managers and specialists located at NIKE’s World Headquarters to further the strategic goals of the global Program. You will work closely with and support the Assistant General Counsel of Compliance with the coordination and operation of NIKE’s Anti-Corruption Program Center of Excellence. You will also primarily be responsible for Program operations in North America (Canada, US and Mexico). You will work on high profile and important compliance projects and will have frequent interaction with senior members of NIKE’s legal department, internal business functions, and employees around the world.
- Assist in the creation, improvement and implementation of policies, procedures, controls, and systems for the global Anti-Corruption Compliance Program. Work in conjunction with the Assistant General Counsel of Compliance and internal team to drive the progress and enhancement of the Program.
- Work with Compliance Managers to develop and conduct third party training and due diligence, screening, monitoring activities, and conduct enhanced due diligence of high risk third parties, and develop mitigation plans as needed, in addition to developing global communications, documentation and internal policies.
- Participate in regulatory tracking and assist with risk assessments.
- Track and respond to internal audits and related action plans.
- Serve as liaison to Anti-Corruption Compliance Program Center of Excellence.
- Work collaboratively with legal, finance, control, internal audit, business, and compliance stakeholders and externally with business partners for the implementation of compliance measures and controls, and resolution of compliance matters.
- Become an expert of NIKE’s code of ethics and compliance policies.
- Provide training to employees and relevant business partners.
- Perform other strategic, tactical and management tasks and responsibilities as directed by the Assistant General Counsel of Compliance.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience with 3-5 years demonstrated experience as a compliance director within a corporate compliance department, audit, or accounting firm with supervisory responsibility of others, or equivalent experience with a government regulatory agency.
- Work in a large multinational corporate compliance program is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of anti-corruption compliance programs, solutions, processes, controls and procedures.
- Comprehensive understanding of FCPA, UK Bribery Act, and corporate codes of ethics.
- BA/BS degree.
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP) or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Fluency in second language(s) is a plus.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, and follow-up skills.
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and work simultaneously on multiple projects, strong attention to detail, and ability to organize large volumes of data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with case/project management and business processes/systems.
- Adaptability necessary to work effectively in a sometimes ambiguous, changing, and matrix environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, professionalism, and collegiality.
- Have excellent ethics and judgment.
Comments are closed for this article!