Job Title: Compliance Manager
Employer: The Walt Disney Company
Location: Burbank, CA
The Global Ethics and Compliance Management Group is responsible for developing and promulgating the standards pursuant to which The Walt Disney Company and its affiliated entities do business, developing and implementing anti-corruption and trade compliance policies and procedures, and training Company employees regarding the Standards of Business Conduct, anti-harassment, anti-corruption and trade.
This position would be part of the Global Ethics and Compliance Management Group and primarily support the team to ensure compliance with trade regulations in all countries where the Company does business. It will also assist in the implementation of the Company’s worldwide anti-corruption compliance efforts. The Compliance Manager will assist the CCO and other compliance counsel with administering the Company’s trade compliance program, perform regulatory research, prepare license applications and routine filings and make preliminary export control related determinations and classifications. This position will closely collaborate with other global business partners and departments having compliance responsibilities ensure controls and procedures are appropriately implemented and effectively maintained throughout the organization.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on trade-compliance matters
- Interface between internal teams and external consultants to achieve an effective compliance program that is balanced with the Company’s risk profile
- Provide guidance to global teams on the development and implementation of appropriately tailored processes, procedures, and tools to meet operational needs, anti-corruption, and trade compliance obligations
- Coordinate with relevant groups and maintain a central database of compliance-related data, controlled product determinations, classifications, licenses, and other required documentation
- Assist counsel with periodic assessments with business and functional teams to evaluate the effectiveness of controls and identify areas for improvement
- Assist with the administration of training to employees to increase awareness and knowledge of compliance policies, laws and regulations
- Monitor regulatory developments and ensure regulatory requirements are met within the Company
- Assist with day-to-day operation of anti-corruption program including third-party due-diligence and administration of anti-corruption-related training.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in trade and anti-corruption compliance, online license application protocols, recordkeeping in a law firm or global corporation. Preferred 7-10 years experience
- Demonstrated experience with a trade enforcement agencies, preferably BIS, OFAC, or CBP
- Ability to navigate the CCL to make ECCN determinations
- Strong knowledge of EAR end-use and end-user exclusions and exceptions
- Familiarity with licensing and compliance tracking systems
- Experience with legal and regulatory data warehouses, such as EUR-lex, Lexis, and US Federal Register
- Knowledge of applicable legal procedures, terminology, policies, and standards
- Strong proficiency with internet research and navigation as well as with standard office tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and database functions
- Familiarity with anti-corruption compliance obligations and protocols
Experience working in an anti-corruption program or environment.
Familiarity with FCPA and UK Bribery Act.
• Export Control Certification (e.g., CUSECO)
• Certified Ethics and Compliance Professional
Bachelor Degree from a 4-year accredited university in business, international trade,s upply chain, paralegal studies or a related field.