Job Title: Director of Compliance
Employer: Wurth Group of North America Inc.
Location: Ramsey, New Jersey USA
* * *
The primary purpose and function of the Director of Compliance is to ensure all areas of the organization are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and is responsible for planning, designing, implementing, maintaining, and assessing the Compliance Program and associated policies and procedures in order to promote and reinforce a culture of integrity imbued with ethical business principles and practices across the company and all affiliated entities.
Apply to [email protected].
• Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manage day-to-day operation of the Program.
• Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, providing general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
• Develop and periodically review and update Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and associates.
• Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consult with the Corporate/Legal as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
• Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develop and implement a system for uniform handling of such violations.
• Coordinate internal compliance review and monitoring activities, including periodic reviews of departments. Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure compliance issues/concerns are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
• Monitor and, as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
• Provide reports on a regular basis – and as directed or requested – to keep senior leadership informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
• Analyze new and proposed legislation and regulations in coordination with Legal and report on those issues impacting operations and services.
• Ensure all areas of the organization are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
• Respond to government investigations and compliance queries as the principal point of contact.
• Institute and maintain an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
• Work with human resources and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new associates as well as ongoing training for all associates and managers.
• Monitor the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
• Ability to travel from 10% to 25% of the time.
• Other job duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. MBA or JD preferred.
• Minimum five years experience in regulatory or compliance management, audit, or optional risk experience required with experience in a multi-unit environment preferred.
• Experience managing multiple tasks and large, complex projects simultaneously within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial-type work environment required.
• Effective communicator and presenter with the ability to lead and influence colleagues and cross-functional teams required.
• Familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance, and human resource procedures and regulations required.
• Experience collecting, analyzing, measuring and reporting compliance metrics required.
• Experience in setting up and managing a compliance program across North America preferred.
• Product/Supply chain background preferred.
Apply to [email protected].
* * *
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
* * *
Wurth Group of North America Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.