We’re always glad to hear from Roy Snell. He’s the CEO of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics and its sister organization, the Health Care Compliance Association. He told us Monday the SCCE/HCCA had just reached a combined 15,000 members.
“This milestone and growth of membership has a big impact on our effort to help the compliance profession speak for itself,” Snell said.
Member 15,000 is Laura J. Burke, the Compliance Coordinator, Conflict of Interest, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
“What’s interesting is that St. Jude’s decided to have someone in the compliance department focus on conflicts of interest which is really at the root of a lot of problems. We don’t focus on it enough. Others may follow suit,” Snell said.
Here’s some other information he sent along:
- Of the 15,000 SCCE/HCCA members, 10,000 are from the healthcare industry and 5,000 are from about 55 other industries
- 736 members are from 77 countries outside the United States
- Brazil is the most active membership and certification outside the United States
- 7,881 members hold a compliance credential from the SCCE/HCCA Compliance Certification Board
- Of those, 487 hold the International version of the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional credential
Both are 501(c)6 non-profit, member-based professional associations.
The combined organization is growing at about 10 percent per year.
“We have 79 compliance related conferences each year (6 are outside the United States) and over 100 audio conferences,” Snell said.
Richard L. Cassin is the publisher and editor of the FCPA Blog. He can be contacted here. The SCCE has been a sponsor of the FCPA Blog for many years.