Photo released September 17, 2014 by the Australian Federal PoliceU.S. Attorney General Eric Holder was at NYU law school Wednesday, urging Congress to raise rewards for whistleblowers who report financial crimes.… Continue Reading
The State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) signed an unusually rich production sharing agreement with a company based in the United Arab Emirates that has close ties to Azeri officials.
The deal Bahar Energy Limited (UAE) signed with SOCAR gives Bahar 80 percent of profits of the Gum-Deniz and Bahar oil fields, with the other 20 percent going to SOCAR.… Continue Reading
Timothy Cromer was sentenced in federal court Tuesday for taking more than $1.4 million in kickbacks and bribes while he served as chief administrator and technology officer of the Detroit Public Library.… Continue Reading