With its $152.6 million FCPA enforcement action Tuesday, Weatherford International has landed ninth on our list of the Top 10 FCPA cases of all time.
Nine of the ten biggest cases still involve non-U.S. companies.
Dropping off the list is Magyar Telekom / Deutsche Telekom (Hungary /Germany) and their $95 million joint settlement in 2011.
This is the first change to the top 10 list since Total SA joined in May this year.
Here are the current Top 10 FCPA cases* of all time:
1. Siemens (Germany): $800 million in 2008.
2. KBR / Halliburton (USA): $579 million in 2009.
3. BAE (UK): $400 million in 2010.
4. Total S.A. (France) $398 million in 2013.
5. Snamprogetti Netherlands B.V. / ENI S.p.A (Holland/Italy): $365 million in 2010.
6. Technip S.A. (France): $338 million in 2010.
7. JGC Corporation (Japan) $218.8 million in 2011.
8. Daimler AG (Germany): $185 million in 2010.
9. Weatherford International (Switzerland): $152.6 million in 2013.
10. Alcatel-Lucent (France): $137 million in 2010.
*An individual, Jeffrey Tesler of the U.K., agreed to an FCPA-related forfeiture of $149 million in 2011.
WFT should at least get and asterisk as being a Swiss company. Although the ultimate parent is incorporated in Switzerland, its operating headquarters is in Houston; for all practical purposes, it is a US company.
Comments are closed for this article!