The American Conference Institute is offering a new, one-day workshop on January 21, 2014 targeting audit and accounting professionals and their responsibility for implementing anti-corruption compliance programs and internal controls.
This seminar will precede the regularly scheduled FCPA Boot camp, a two-day event being held on January 22 and 23. Both events will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Houston, Texas, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The new seminar will feature forensic accountants, lawyers and senior compliance professionals. Topics will include:
- Deciphering the books and records provision of the FCPA and dealing with its daily relevance to your company’s recordkeeping
- Conducting internal audits as part of your own review or in tandem with an investigation conducted by the SEC
- Uncovering red flags and weak internal controls
- Crafting a corruption risk assessment for your company to evaluate your compliance protocols
- Knowing how to handle critical issues involving gifts and entertainment, travel, sales commissions, consulting fees, etc.
Learn more about the seminar for auditors and accountants and the FCPA Boot Camp at the event’s website.