It’s that time of year again. Across the country, law students are thinking about paper topics for seminar courses and journal notes. Like last year, I am posting a list of resources that I provide to students every fall in the Anti-Corruption seminar that I co-teach with my colleague, Professor Chris Yukins.
This is the fifth year that we will be teaching the course. It covers a wide-variety of anti-corruption topics, including the FCPA, Suspension & Debarment, World Bank/MDB Sanctions, U.S. Public Corruption statutes, Gifts/Ethics/Conflict-Of Interest laws, False Claims Act, Organizational Conflicts of Interest, Compliance and Internal Controls.
GW’s location in the heart of DC also makes it possible to host an outstanding group of guest speakers and visiting scholars each fall.
At the end of the semester, our students are required to write and submit a scholarly article relating to anti-corruption law. I created the following list of resources to help our students familiarize themselves with the topics covered in our course. I am sharing this with the readers of the FCPA Blog (again) so that student across the country and others can take advantage of this resource as well.
Please note that I try not to include law firm blogs in this list or anti-corruption resources that are not accessible because they are behind a paywall. Many of these resources are outstanding, but I don’t want to play favorites with firms or send students to a site that requires them to pay for access.
In addition to the list below, last year the editors of the FCPA Blog offered some resource recommendations of their own. Their list is here.
If I have left a resource off this year’s list, please leave your suggested additions as a blog comment, or email me at [email protected].
A link to this post will permanently appear on the FCPA Blog under the ‘Archive’ tab in the top menu, on the ‘Our Lists’ page (here).
Have a great year!
Jessica Tillipman is a Senior Editor of the FCPA Blog. She’s the Assistant Dean for Field Placement and Professorial Lecturer in Law at The George Washington University Law School, where she teaches an Anti-Corruption seminar. She also advises companies on FCPA compliance and government procurement-related issues. She can be contacted here or via her Linked in page.
* * * * *
(Course Relevant) Agency Websites
1. U.S. Department Of Justice – FCPA
2. SEC – FCPA
3. SEC Office of the Whistleblower
4. U.S. Office of Government Ethics
5. Air Force Contractor Responsibility Office
6. Interagency Suspension & Debarment Committee
7. Federal Awardee Performance and Integrity Information System (FAPIIS)
9. U.S. Department of Justice –Public Integrity Section
10. U.S. Department of Justice –Civil Fraud Division
11. CFTC Whistleblower Program
14. Department of Commerce –General Counsel
15. Department of Commerce –Trade Compliance Center
16. Department of State – Bureau of Energy, Economic, and Business Affairs
17. Department of State – Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs
U. S. Government, GovernmentContracting or Military/Defense Resources
1. Where in Federal Contracting
3. Bloomberg BNA Federal Contracts Report
4. Defense News
7. Transparency International UK (International Defence)
10. Washington Post Federal Eye
11. Federal Times
12. Federal Daily
14. Defense Industry Initiative
15. The Coalition for Government Procurement
16. ABA Debarment & Suspension Committee
19. Encyclopedia of Ethical Failure
Antibribery and Compliance Internet Resources
2. Wall Street Journal Corruption Currents
3. FCPA Compliance & Ethics Blog
5. The European Antibribery Blog
8. Corporate Compliance Insights
9. Ethisphere Anti-Corruption Articles, News, and Regulatory Developments
Non-Governmental Orgs /National and International Government Oversight & Anti-Corruption Orgs & Resources
1. Project On Government Oversight
3. World Bank Anticorruption Page
4. World Bank Integrity Vice Presidency
7. TRACE and the TRACE “Compendium”
9. Transparency International – USA
10. Office of Economic Development & Cooperation (OECD) Anti-Corruption
11. Office of Economic Development & Cooperation (OECD) – Integrity in Procurement
12. United Nations Convention Against Corruption
14. UN Office of Internal Oversight Services
15. European Union Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF)
16. Government Accountability Project
18. OMB Watch
19. National Whistleblowers Center
20. Global Integrity
22. UNDOC’s On Track Against Corruption Legal Library
23. GRECO Anticorruption Reports and News
24. OAS Anticorruption Portal of the Americas
Comments are closed for this article!