[Editor’s note: This post was updated here.]
Following yesterday’s seven-party settlement, Panalpina, Pride, and Shell join the top ten FCPA cases of all time, coming in at numbers seven, nine, and ten respectively.
Dropping off the list are Willbros, Chevron, and Baker Hughes.
Eight of the top ten (numbers 3 through 10) are from this year.
And amazingly, eight now involve foreign companies.
(Earlier this year, Paris-based Alcatel-Lucent said it will pay $137.4 million in a settlement agreed in principle with the DOJ and SEC.)
The current top ten FCPA-related settlements of all time are:
1. Siemens (Germany): $800 million in 2008.
2. KBR / Halliburton (USA): $579 million in 2009.
3. BAE (UK): $400 million in 2010.
4. Snamprogetti Netherlands B.V. / ENI S.p.A (Holland/Italy): $365 million in 2010.
5. Technip S.A. (France): $338 million in 2010.
6. Daimler AG (Germany): $185 million in 2010.
7. Panalpina (Switzerland): $81.8 million in 2010.
8. ABB Ltd (Switzerland): $58.3 million in 2010.
9. Pride (USA): $56.1 million in 2010.
10. Shell (UK/Holland): $48.1 million in 2010.
Comments are closed for this article!